"Fire Extinguisher Service"
Portable fire extinguishers are intended as a first line of defense to cope with fires of limited size. Cintas Fire Protection uses the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 10 – Portable Fire Extinguishers as a guide for selection, installation, inspection, maintenance, and testing of portable fire extinguishers.
- Per NFPA 10, portable fire extinguishers shall:
- Be conspicuously located where they are readily accessible and immediately available in the event of fire.
- Preferably they shall be located along normal paths of travel, including exits from areas.
- All rechargeable-type fire extinguishers shall be recharged after any use, as indicated by an inspection or when performing maintenance.
- The equipment owner is responsible for assuring that their fire protection equipment is properly serviced and maintained.
- Maintenance, servicing, and recharging shall be performed by trained persons having available the appropriate servicing manuals, the proper types of tools, recharge materials, lubricants, and manufacturer’s recommended replacement parts or parts specifically listed for use in the fire extinguisher.